About Two Side Moon
Two Side Moon is an artist & label promotional company based in Wales, UK with a global presence. Created by music fanatic Nicky Baldrian in the mid 2000s with an eye on giving those in the music industry a quality of service they were then struggling to find, Two Side Moon soon had a client list, both Artists and Labels stretching further than a Welsh beach.
Nicky's history in the music scene stretches back a lot further however, stirring his early passions putting pen to paper and keyboard to screen:
- "Just like my other main passion surfing, music has always been a huge inspiration to me. I grew up on bands like Van Halen, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Black Sabbath, Yes, Mother's Finest, Pat Travers etc.. On the back of that I started getting involved in writing in the 1990s for magazines and webzines like Powerplay, Strutter and Sound Barrier, eventually having the good fortune to interview acts like Mr.Big and Joe Satriani."
In the new millennium Nicky hooked up with Hans, owner of www.aordreamzones.com, helping match-up labels with bands and vice versa. Nicky also ran an online unsigned bands contest each month, something which to this day fuels his love for getting lesser-known acts in the public eye.
- "Over the years I had the pleasure of working with well known artists such as Ken Tamplin, XYZ, Rox Diamond, Ronnie Le Tekro and Steelheart, but to this day there's no better feeling than discovering a band most people are unaware of and getting them airplay, magazine features, even helping them to get signed. That for me is what this is all about."
After a couple of years working on other projects away from music, Nicky came back with a vengeance writing the hugely popular column "The Music is Out There" in Fireworks magazine. The magazine started in digital form only, but can now be found on news stands across the UK and digitally across the globe. Nicky still writes the column to this day - view a PDF sample here.
It was as a direct result of his work in Fireworks magazine that Nicky saw the opportunity to create Two Side Moon Promotions:
- "I originally started it as a vehicle and means of support to bands who get ignored and deserve that extra help up the ladder. With good fortune even big names like Robin Beck, Helix and Skin saw what we were doing and came onboard. That was way beyond what I expected back in the beginning, but almost everyone needs a helping hand in the music industry these days."
Two Side Moon has gone from strength to strength over the years, not only helping artists but labels like Prog Rock and Perris Records. TSM has also joined forces with Sonia Waterfield at SLW Promotions covering promotion for the live stage and more.
Myke Gray, Skin - http://www.skinfreak.co.uk/
- "My experience with Two Side Moon has been a revelation, their speed and efficiency has been nothing short of amazing and i have struggled to keep up with their energy and enthusiasm. They have proved to be the most effective and productive promotions company i have ever dealt with. They didn't just walk the extra mile they sprinted it. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any band, manager or record company"
Robert Säll, Work Of Art - http://www.myspace.com/musicofworkofart
- "Nicky helped us (Work Of Art) getting in touch with the major labels making sure we got the best possible offer. He also played an important role in getting our band exposed in the British rock press!"
Ken Tamplin (cousin of Sammy Hagar) - http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/
- "Nicky has always been a straight up guy with me. He was quite instrumental in helping put together the amazing cast of guitarists for my 'Wake The Nations' CD as well as other projects we have worked on together. The cool thing about Nicky is that he's a BIG fan of the music and cares about artistry. Not just making a buck. His goal has always been about promoting the music and the artist. He's the real deal"
For More Info
For more info you can read an interview Nicky gave to Black Velvet Magazine here.